13 May 2012

5 Days to Go!

The Day Before The Day Before The Day Before The Day Before The Day Before The Day Before!!

Sunday 13th May to be precise! Just four days to go and I’m absolutely buzzing with excitement! I enjoyed a well deserved lie in this morning as this will probably be the last one I’ll get for a few weeks! Paul got up with Amelia who was very whiney this morning having had a late night last night. We were at Mum and Dad’s until late going over everything. We also got our dollars yesterday which was the final thing on my list of things to do. The dollar rate was £1.56. A bit lower than the previous weeks I wish I had got them! Nevermind. Too late to worry about that now. We got $400 in cash and the rest on a travelex card. I also counted all the loose change I’ve been saving in a piggy bank. Not overly impressed with the meagre £32.07, but it’s better than a poke in the eye and it will pay for the dog’s hair cut on Thursday!

So after my lie in I did some washing and started on the packing!
Amelia is entitled to a piece of luggage or a car seat. I was originally going to take her car seat but seeing as we’ll get one with our platinum insurance through Virgin/Alamo, I decided I would opt for the extra luggage allowance instead. I packed some bits into a medium-sized suitcase and put this inside a bigger one which we will use on the way home for the things we’re going to bring back. I managed to fit all our stuff in that and 2 big cases.


I have made up two bags, one each for the kids. Oliver is 12 and will most likely be entertained with films. He’s already picked the films he’s going to watch from Virgin Atlantic’s website. But I’ve also packed him a book, puzzler books, magazines, trip journal, star wars pen, crisps, sweets and snacks and a camera which he has no idea he has and also this neat little mP3 player (which I bought last year before he got his iPod Touch... Hopefully he’ll still use it!). It's so dinky. I love it! If he doesn't want it I may have to pinch it back! Hehe.


Amelia will be a little (very) harder to entertain I think and i’m dreading the 9 hours flight. Who knows, maybe she will surprise us (hopefully). For her I bought a Trunki liner which will fit neatly inside her Trunki during take off but can come out during the flight and will attach onto the back of the seat so her things are close to hand. I have made her a cute mini colouring book tote out of the left over fabric I made her Minnie dress with....

... Some mini tubs of playdough, a Going on an Aeroplane book, magazines, jigsaw puzzles, sticker books, biscuits sweets, raisins and snacks, a snack pod, etc. Hopefully there’s enough in it to keep her quiet. I’m planning on wearing her out in the V Room before the flight so that she’ll sleep for an hour or so at least and there’s Disney Junior for her to watch so fingers crossed it will be a smooth flight!

I've charged all the cameras, transferred all the photos that were on my SC cards onto my hard drive and ironed a few last minute bits.

Our pet sitter is coming tomorrow to collect the key so that’s another thing off the list. Just got to buy some chicken food and hay tomorrow.

Everything’s coming together and I’m trying to be as organised as possible to reduce minimal stress levels in our house on Friday! Can't help thinking i've forgotten something though  

5 more sleeps to go....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.